Sunday, March 27, 2011

Slug invasion

Slug Invasion Blog

At the end of the second year I prepared one of my ideas for the bachelor film project for the third year. Initially I had some ideas that I worked on, but I ended up doing just one pitch completely different than the other ideas I worked on. I hurried to make some beatboards for my pitch, to visualize my story for the class and the panel. To my surprise, the 10 minute drawings made a good impact on the crowd, and laughter filled the room for every picture I switched to.

Here is the “one-sheet” where the idea should be presented with the story plot, synopsis, technical stuff and more drawings for the judges to read.

001_SlugInvasion_onesheet
002_SlugInvasion_onesheet

Here are the drawings I drew (in a way too short time period!) a couple of days before the pitch:
001_SlugInvasion_beatboard
002_SlugInvasion_beatboard
003_SlugInvasion_beatboard
004_SlugInvasion_beatboard
005_SlugInvasion_beatboard
006_SlugInvasion_beatboard
007_SlugInvasion_beatboard
008_SlugInvasion_beatboard
009_SlugInvasion_beatboard
010_SlugInvasion_beatboard
011_SlugInvasion_beatboard
012_SlugInvasion_beatboard
013_SlugInvasion_beatboard
014_SlugInvasion_beatboard
015_SlugInvasion_beatboard
016_SlugInvasion_beatboard
017_SlugInvasion_beatboard
018_SlugInvasion_beatboard

Over the summer I worked on my idea and developed it a bit further. An actionmatic was made to set the mood of the whole idea and spice up my pitch. It was a great success and added a lot to my previous pitch.



The panel and the students liked my project, and are now in the making! I took the role as the Director of the project and am working with 5 CG artists (computer graphic artists) and 3 other animators to make my idea into a 5 minute film. Take a look at the ”Slug Invasion”
blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment